Educators use TABE® testing to provide a solid foundation for effectively assessing the skills and knowledge of adult learners. The TABE test consists of Reading Comprehension, Math Computation, Applied Math and Language. TABE remains the most comprehensive and reliable academic assessment product in adult basic education.
TABE Test Information
- Cost is $15.00
- Pre-Registration is required before the day of testing and is only available online
- Wednesdays 1:30 pm and Thursdays at 5:30 pm
- Must have a valid Government Issued I.D. to take test
- Test scores expire after 2 years
- CAE does NOT accept test scores from other schools
- There is no transferring from one test date to another. If you miss your scheduled test date you will have to re-register and pay the $15 fee.
- Candidates must wait 2 weeks to re-register and pay $15.00 for a retake of the failed portions of the TABE test.
- The candidate may take the test for a total of 3 times.
- If a candidate has failed on the 3rd attempt, they will be referred to the Academic Department for refresher classes and will have to wait 2 months before they can register to take the TAE test again..
Required scores per program:
- Vocational Nurse - Must pass each test at an 11.0 or above
- Nurse Assistant - Must pass each test at an 8.0 or above
- Click here to register online