Why would Clovis Adult Education seek Accreditation?
Accreditation is integral to a school’s improvement. It fosters excellence in secondary, adult, and postsecondary education by encouraging school improvement that is analytical, evaluative and based upon student achievement. The accreditation process ensures that the standards, policies and procedures developed advance the quality, creativity, cooperation and performance of students.
- Accreditation offers the public assurance that the accredited school’s purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable education program, identifying the school as a trustworthy institution providing quality instruction
- Accreditation validates the integrity of the school’s program and transcripts
- Accreditation facilitates transfer of credits and the portability of skills credentials to other schools
- Accreditation fosters the ongoing improvement of the school’s educational offerings, programs and operations to support student learning
- Accreditation provides valuable insight from peer educational evaluators which visit the school site
Clovis Adult Education is proud to have received many approvals and accreditations from a large number of prestigious local and national organizations. One of our most notable achievements is our six year dual accreditation from the Council on Occupational Education (COE) and the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC). ACS WASC is the same organization that accredits both the California State University and the University of California systems. Clovis Adult Education is one of the few Valley schools to have earned this high level of academic excellence and recognition.
More about ACS-WASC
The Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC), is a world-renowned accrediting association and one of only six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. It works closely with the Office of Overseas Schools under the U.S. Department of State. ACS-WASC provides assistance to schools worldwide, primarily in California, Hawaii, Guam, Asia, the Pacific Region, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
The philosophy of the ACS-WASC centers upon three beliefs:
- A school’s goal is successful student learning
- Each school has a clear purpose and sets school wide student goals
- A school engages in external and internal evaluations as part of continued school improvement to support student learning
Accrediting Commission for Schools
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
533 Airport Boulevard, Suite 200
Burlingame, CA 94010-2009
Email address: [email protected]
More about COE
Clovis Adult Education is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. The goal of the Council on Occupational Education (COE), as articulated by its mission statement is, “assuring quality and integrity in career and technical education.” The Council came into existence initially in 1971, as a regional accrediting association, providing services to postsecondary occupational education institutions located in an 11-state region on the east coast. In June of 1995, in preparation for assuming a national and international scope, the Council became a fully operational agency. Throughout its history, the Council has been recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a reliable authority on the quality of career technical and occupational education offered by the institutions it has accredited.
Council on Occupation Education
7840 Roswell Road, Bldg. 300, Ste. 325
Atlanta GA 30350
Telephone: 770-396-3898 or 800-917-2018
Web site: http://council.org/