The following classes are required and provide a foundation of knowledge necessary to enter and be successful in CAE's Vocational Nurse program.
These classes are offered three times a year in January, May, and September.
- Books are NOT included in the class fee.
- Books are available for purchase in the Administration Building.
- Books are not refundable.
- For a list of VN Pre-Requisite textbooks, visit Bookstore and Textbooks.
- VN Pre-Requisite classes expire after 5 years.
- Must pass all classes at 78% or higher to be eligible for the VN Program.
- Must complete all classes before submitting VN Application.
|CLASS TITLE||No. CLASSES||No. OF HOURS||BOOK REQUIRED|
- Equivalent to Intermediate Algebra
|15 Classes||45 Hours||Yes|
|Medical Terminology||15 Classes||45 Hours|
|Anatomy and Physiology||15 Classes||60 Hours||Yes|
|Vocational Nurse Preparation||12 Classes||36 Hours||No books required|
|Nutrition||11 Classes||33 Hours||Yes|