Program Information & Schedule
- Program is offered twice a year in January and September
- 18-20 month program (1530 hours)
- 3 Days a week (days vary)
- 3 Segments
- Program Fee:
- $12,000.00 plus cost of books & supplies
- Additional expenses up to $3,000.00
- State Licensure fee: $700.00 (not part of CAE fees)
- Program is accredited by BVNPT (Board Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technicians
Requirements to be considered for the VN Program
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pass a Level A TABE test at 11.0 or higher
- Vocational Nurse Application submitted to the Nursing Department by the application deadline
- High School Diploma or an HSE/GED® (if you received your diploma outside of the U.S., see IMPORTANT NOTE at bottom)
- Current Nurse Assistant Certification
- Must provide proof of employment as a CNA for a minimum of 350 hours.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (accepted from anyone other than family members)
- The following VN Pre-Requisites Classes must be completed for the VN program and not older than 5 years:
- Nurse Assistant Certification (must be active)
- *Medical Terminology
- *Anatomy & Physiology
- *Medical Math (Intermediate Algebra or Math 103)
- VN Prep, Vocational Nurse Preparation (required to be taken at Clovis Adult Education)
NOTE: *These pre-requisite classes are offered on our campus 3 times a year:
- January, May and September
- One night per week at various times
- Ask if current schedule is available
- To register for VN Pre-Requisite Classes, register online only.
Requirements upon acceptance into the program:
- A 2x2 color passport photo
- **Government issued photo I.D.
- **Birth Certificate
- **Social Security Card
- Student Health Questionnaire
- Background Clearance and Drug Screening
- Student Health Requirement Form
- Basic Life Support American Heart CPR
- Required Immunizations:
- Hepatitis B/ Varicella/ Tdap/MMR/Flu
- Forest green uniform (top/bottom)
- 2 uniforms sets 1 Jacket
- Wristwatch with a second sweeping hand
- Bandage scissors
- White Nursing Shoes
- Personal Laptop or access to one
NOTE: **Originals are required and CAE will take a photocopy.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This must be completed prior to entering the VN Program.
It is a requirement of the California State Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technicians that all persons applying for a Vocational Nurse program must have a High School Diploma/GED, Associates Degree or a Bachelor Degree. If you have a degree from a foreign country, you must get your original transcripts/diplomas translated and evaluated from North American Educational Group.
|Contact Information is listed below:||Mailing Address:|
NAEG International Educational Credential
mail: [email protected]
505 Paradise Road Unit #254
Swampscott, MA 01907
IMPORTANT: Under "NOTES" it must state: These studies are equivalent to either a High School equivalency or GED® Test or a High School Diploma in the United States.