CAE clearly defines and publishes a policy on the transfer of students between programs within the institution and the transfer of students from other institutions.
TRANSFERING WITHIN CAE PROGRAMS
Student transfers within CAE must be approved by the instructor of the program to which they are transferring and by the counseling office. If the student is receiving assistance from an agency or is a participant in a government-sponsored educational program, the student may need to get permission from that agency or program. Once approved, instructor completes a student status form to be processed by the attendance office. The student must provide a copy of the completed form to the new instructor prior to entering the program. Eligible students are permitted one program transfer per term.
TRANSFER OF COURSES TAKEN AT ANOTHER INSTITUTION
Any new student enrolling in a CAE CTE program and wishing to transfer courses completed at a different school must show proof of:
- The course was taken at an accredited school.
- The student received a “C” grade or higher.
- The course is approved or meets state license requirements (if applicable).
- Total courses accepted do not exceed 25% of the total course sequence required for graduation.
- Individual CAE CTE programs may add additional requirements that need to be met before determining if the course will be accepted (ie: the school is also approved by a state licensing agency, course meets the rigor and hours mandated by program, etc) or additional assessment designed by the CAE instructor.