Looking for a career change? Do you enjoy caring for others in a healthcare setting? Take advantage of the opportunity to become a state Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA).
The Nurse Assistant Program is offered twice a year in February and September.
Nurse Assistant Program Fees
NA Class Fee: $1000 (due 2 weeks before start date)
Additional cost approximately $500-$700 for the following:
|State Exam fee||$130|
Nurse Assistant (NA) Class Information
- 13-week program (220 hrs)
- 4 days a week Monday-Thursday plus Saturdays
- Morning and Evening classes available
- Student selection is on a first come first serve basis
Morning Program Nurse Assistant Schedule:
- Monday through Thursday + one Saturday
- AM Theory 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- AM Clinical 6:45 am - 12:30 pm
- Saturday Clinical 6:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Clinical held at various locations in Fresno and the surrounding counties
Evening Program Nurse Assistant Schedule:
- Monday through Thursday and Saturdays
- PM Theory 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- PM Clinical 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Saturday Clinical 6:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Clinical held at various locations in Fresno and the surrounding counties.
Classroom Instruction and Clinical Training include:
- Resident care skills
- Vital signs
- Emergency procedures
NA students will be required to stand for long periods of time and be able to push, pull and lift at least 50 lbs.
Upon completion of course objectives, eligible students will take the state competency exam for State Certification.
Requirements to be considered for the NA Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Pass all TABE Placement Tests in Reading and Math
- Have a valid government issued photo I.D.
- Have a valid social security card
- American Heart BLS CPR card
- Submit a Nurse Assistant Application to the Nursing Department in Rm A-8 with a government issued photo I.D.
- application accept on a first come basis
- application deadline is 3 months before start date
Requirements upon ACCEPTANCE into the NA Program
The following will be required only AFTER you have received a Nurse Assistant Acceptance Letter.
- CAE Student Health Questionnaire
- CAE Student Physical Examination Form
- CAE Immunization form
- Negative 2-Step TB Skin Test/PPD - within 3 months of the program start date
- Flu Vaccine - for current season
- Hepatitis B Vaccine - You must have a series of 3 immunizations, or first injection started OR Positive Titer
- COVID-19 vaccine and Booster - now required
- American Heart Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Card
- Background Check/Fingerprinting (done on the first day of class)
- REQUIRED: Access to a laptop or desktop PC and reliable Internet access (cell phone not acceptable)
- Uniforms & Supplies:
- Two designated Navy-Blue scrub tops, bottoms & lab coat
- All White Nursing Shoes (no canvas or tennis shoes)
- Watch with a second hand (no smart watches allowed)
- Additional Requirements:
- Background Check/Fingerprinting (on first day of class)
- Access to a laptop/PC (no touch pad or cell phone) and reliable Internet connection (REQUIRED)
Upcoming Nurse Assistant classes:
- May 16, 2022
- Accepting applications: Now
- Application Deadline: March 9, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTES PLEASE READ
- ALL applicants beginning CAE Nurse Assistant training program will be fingerprinted on the first day.
- The fingerprinting will be submitted to the Department of Health Services by Clovis Adult Education before student have direct contact with patients.
- The student's criminal screening must be completed and cleared before they can take the State Examination to be certified.
- Students with felony or misdemeanor convictions may have issues with placements in clinicals.
How to Get Started
STEP 1: Register for the TABE Test ($15.00): register online only.
STEP 2: Complete and submit a Nurse Assistant Application to the Nursing Office
If you have further questions, please
- Call the Nursing Office at 559-327-2802
- Stop by our campus at 1452 David E. Cook Way, Clovis, CA 93611, Room A-8.