Take advantage of the opportunity to become a state Certified Nurse Assistant.
Classroom Instruction and Clinical Training include:
- Resident Care Skills
- Vital Signs
- Emergency Procedures
Program Information & Schedule
- Program is offered twice a year: February and September
- 14-Week Program (285 hours)
- $1,000.00 plus Books and Supplies (additional expenses up to $500.00)
- Monday - Thursday plus 1 Saturday
- AM Theory Classes 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- AM Clinical Classes 6:45 am - 12:30 pm
- Monday - Thursday and Saturdays
- PM Theory Classes 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- PM Clinical Classes 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Saturday Clinical 6:30 am - 12:45 pm
Requirements to be considered for the NA Program
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pass a Level A TABE test at 8.0 or higher
- Submit a Nurse Assistant Application
Requirements upon acceptance in the Program:
- Clovis Adult Health Forms (available on campus in room A-8)
- Physical Examination Form
- Student Health questionnaire
Additional Supplies and Health Requirements
- Blue uniforms (top and bottom)
- White Nursing shoes
- Basic Life Support American Heart CPR
- Negative TB or chest X-ray (within 3 months of start date)
- Hepatitiis B Vaccine (series of 3 or 1st injection started)
- Flu shot (in season)
- State Examination $110.00
Upon completion of course objectives, eligible strudents will take the state competency exam for state certification.
- ALL applicants beginning CAE Nurse Assistant training program will be fingerprinted on the first day.
- The fingerprinting will be submitted to the Department of Health Services by Clovis Adult Education before student have direct contact with patients.
- The student's criminal screening must be completed and cleared before they can take the State Examination to be certified.
How to Get Started
STEP 1: Register for the TABE Test ($15.00): register online only.
STEP 2: Complete and submit a Nurse Assistant Application to the Nursing Office
If you have further questions, please:
- Call the Nursing Office at 559-327-2860
- Stop by our campus at 1452 David E. Cook Way, Clovis, CA 93611, Room A-8.