- Must have a high school diploma from an accredited institution or an HSE/GED®
- Must be enrolled in approved career technical certificate program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen (permanent resident)
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Males 18 to 25 years of age must be registered with the Selective Services (Register online at www.sss.gov.)
- Maintain monthly satisfactory progress and attendance
- Must sign and submit a FAFSA and agree to the statement on your application, that you are not in default on a Federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant
STUDENTS WITH A BACHELOR'S DEGREE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PELL GRANT
Clovis Adult Education has Federal student Aid available for students that qualify for PELL Grant. Students must meet all the requirements listed above and be enrolled in one of the approved certificate programs in order to be eligible to participate. The following is a list of approved career technical education certificate programs. (PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, PELL Grants at Clovis Adult Education are currently on hold)
Please refer to the Career Technical Education section in our catalog or website for course details. You may contact our Financial Aid office for more information and further assistance regarding Pell Grants.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Create FSA ID to access financial information, to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites, to electronically sign and to submit your federal student aid application.
- To submit your FAFSA (Free Application student Aid), we recommend applying online.
- You (and your parent if you are under age 24) are required to create a FSA ID before beginning the application process.
- The FSA ID is made up of a username and password, used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and to access certain U.S. department of Education websites.
- You must use your FSA ID to electronically sign in and submitn federal student aid application.
- Please click ont he links below to get started.
- the school code for Clovis Adult Educaiton is #016330.
- Make sure you link your Federal income tax return to your application using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, which is located on the Incom Tab of the online application.
- If you are unable to to link your return, you will need to order a Tax return Transcript from www.irs.gov to bring with your to your Financial aid appointment.
- Next, visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to submit your application. Make sure you link your Federal Income Tax return to your application. If you are unable to link your return, you will need to order a Tax Return Transcript from www.irs.gov to bring to your Financial Aid appointment.
- Last, make an appointment with the Financial Aid Office to go over qualification and eligibility status for PELL Grant (See below)
Financial Aid Coordinator: Josie Gallegos
Administration Building: Financial Aid Office
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
NetPriceCalculator link is required by the U.S. Department of Education (the Higher Education Opportunity Act), providing an estimate of financial qualification to a specific educational institution.
Also, Gainful Employment Disclosures link is required by the U.S. Department of Education (Office of Postsecondary Education), disclosing a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.